Why should you register a Delegate*? Delegate registration within PHANTOM enables you access to forge PHANTOMS. By registering a delegate name you lock this information into PHANTOM, this is the Delegated Proof of Stake part of PHANTOM. Think of it as a place holder and address for your PHANTOM Node. With a delegate name registered you now have the ability to setup a Forging node, and create new PHANTOMS while securing the PHANTOM network.
Delegate Registration on the PHANTOM blockchain costs 250 PHANTOMS (XPH). These tokens are a simple monetary failsafe to prevent some delegate registration spam.
Download latest PHANTOM Wallet client here: https://github.com/PhantomChain/desktop-wallet/releases
Unpack, install and start PHANTOM Client:
Now you have 3 options on how you can register a delegate :
1. Click on an address that you would like associated with your new delegate name.
2. Import your account that is not yet in your wallet list.
3. Create new account for your delegate name.
Which ever option you choose, make sure it has at least 250 PHANTOM in it.
Now that you are in your account:
Again make sure your wallet address holds at least 250 XPH. Even though fees are dynamic, any fee less than 250 XPH will be rejected.
Now Click on the icon with 3 vertical dots at the top right.
The secondary menu will open now on the same bar the 3 vertical dots were
This will open the delegate registration popup
1. Choose your desired delegate name — it should be a unique name (not yet registered) and consists of a maximum of 20 characters. You can only use lowercase letters, numbers and these special characters !@$&_.
Maximum as this will default the minimum fee required for the Delegate Registration
3. Provide the passphrase(secret key) of the PHANTOM wallet you are registering your delegate with
4. Once done click on next
A popup will show:
1. Click on “SEND 250 XPH NOW!” — that will initiate the transaction and register your delegate.
You will get a message if successful in the lower left corner
All done — now you have your own delegate registered! Don’t forget to save your passphrase of all your PHANTOM wallets that hold your PHANTOMS— if you lose it or it gets stolen there is nothing we can do
Credit & Reference: https://blog.ark.io/how-do-i-register-as-an-ark-delegate-133ed2bf218